My Little Aquarium

Posted at Monday, January 24, 2011
I have been rearing fish for more than a year already, and after so long, I now started to introduce two little prawns (yes, they are only an inch long) into my aquarium. I got this idea from looking at an aquarium when I was having dinner at a Chinese restaurant in JB during Christmas last year, and it seems that they act as scavengers. So I thought I could introduce some into my aquarium, and here there are, tadaa~ It's really really small compared with the prawns you see in the market, hehehe! Fragile little creatures they are...

Prawn number one - see how tiny it is compare with my stones and marbles...


My fishes - colourful isn't it?


Can you guess what this is? It's actually the shell being shed by the prawns... 


Prawn number two - this fella is able to change colour to camouflage with its surrounding (I didn't know until few days later when it keeps changing its colour!)


Can you see it? Yes, it's seeking refuge among the grass...


The colour-changing prawn...

6 comment(s):

Janice on January 25, 2011 11:51 pm said...

wow! what a pretty aquarium u have! i really love the prawns and the pretty fishes, must be feeling happy when u watch them everyday. just like my hamsters, i'm always happy to look at them. :)

elizfong on February 06, 2011 4:14 pm said...

Yes, I'm always very happy to see them swimming about in the aquarium. Especially when I go near it, the fishes will come up to the surface, thinking that it's feeding time, hehehe... I have baby guppies too, and the females breed very fast, can give birth up to 10 guppies at one time!

elizfong on March 03, 2011 6:48 pm said...

Thanks for the info parisa :)

jennvaz on March 08, 2011 9:02 am said...

wah, your fish must be very happy in the aquarium, so clean and beautiful and the water is so clear. Mine is always greenish and I have only two types of guppies. I think you put in a lot of effort in the aquarium. How often do you clean the tank?

drumsticks on March 20, 2011 12:13 pm said...

like your pretty fishes...

btw, no more updates? been busy lately?

elizfong on April 23, 2011 5:03 pm said...

Hi Jen and drumsticks, sorry for the late reply. Have been very busy and haven't been checking my blog too! Just realise my blog has been inactive for 3 months! Time really flies.

Jen: Those pictures was taken right after I clean the tank, sure clean and clear ler... :D I got my guppies from the aquarium shop, and they have lots of varieties everytime I go to get my supplies.

drunksticks: Thanks! Ya, been really busy. Like your new blog! U really put lots of effort to be getting ur own domain :) Keep it up!

 

elizfong's : Snippets of Life... © 2010 - 2013